Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Reading Notes: Nine Ideal Indian Women, Part A

During my reading this week I decided to choose the reading about the Nine ideal Indian women, and I chose to read part A. The readings for part A are about Savitri and Daymaniti. Both of these women were princesses who fell in love with two realistic type men. Savitri lost her husband to death and followed death around until her husband was brought back because she did not want to raise the child alone. On the flipside, Daymaniti's husband did not die but gambled away his belongings and wanted her to leave him because of his "sins." Instead she stayed with him and said it was not the money she wanted but him. I could somehow combine both of these stories together and allow them to correlate together. The two women could be friends and I could change one of the stories for them to meet in a more modern setting, like a party or in a class at school. Another possible idea I could do for making my own twist to the story is allowing one of the husbands not be royalty but be a very wealthy man. He could fall in love with a woman who resembles the beauty of a princess. Then he could get into a bad accident and instead of losing money to gambling, he loses his legs. On the other side, I can allow her to see her lover from across the room and see him as love at first sight. In doing that it can allow my story to have a different spin on it because the roles in which male and female are switched. I can alternate my stories back and forth so readers can understand both sides of the story. I could write from the males perspective and female and speak about it from both stream of consciousness.

Bildergebnis für beauty and the beast
Prince and Princess

References:
Narayan's Ramayana, Nine Ideal Indian Women Link to Readings Online

No comments:

Post a Comment