Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Reading Note's: She Gave Her Heart to Krishna, Part A

During this weeks reading I decided to choose the comic book that is titled, " She Gave Her Heart to Krishna." The story is about a little girl named Mira who at a young age gave her heart to the Lord Krishna. When she gets older she marries a prince named Bhojraj who had a great passion for hating Mughals. Later on she is tested for her devotion to Krishna and she stands by him while the prince's sister, Uda tries to sabotage Mira by speaking to the prince about where Mira goes when she worships. The different ways I have thought about changing up my story but staying within a similar theme like my previous stories is make it into a greater love story. I can speak about a wife and her devotion to her husband who loves her back. Then one day she could be tempted to be unfaithful because the marriage gets increasingly difficult. Instead of allowing herself to be tempted she walks away. She soon realizes it is her husband she wants to stay loyal and dedicated to. I think it will illustrate a more modern yet different approach. In the stories we have had to read this semester most of the endings are not pleasing because they end in a somber way. I want my story to be focused on a real modern marriage. Everyone in a marriage at some point will be in conflict with their spouse. Although what the important part is in how they argue and talk it out. That is an instant sign on if a couple will end or continue by how they handle each other during conflict. I want my story to reflect a true, modern, and genuine marriage that will help build onto my stories to come. I think this edge will provide my story with more in depth details.

Bildergebnis für giving someone your heart gif
Peyton, One Tree Hill






Resources:
Mirabai- She gave her heart to Lord Krishna

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool to see how you really used the theme of your reading notes to guide your story for this week! Sometimes i find myself taking notes, then not using them haha. I like that you were drawn to this story and were able to make it more modern and relatable for readers. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future!

    ReplyDelete