Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

Readings
As I was reading through my notes in the past I think I did a pretty good job at setting up for my story that was to be completed the next day. I believe the biggest way I can approve my story notes would be to break down on what I think my story should be. I write in such a way that I am already waiting a story, I could try the opposite. I could write my notes in a note taking form instead of in paragraph form. So I don't give away too much of what will happen with my story. My favorite story thus far has been reading about the "Nine Ideal India Women." I found the different take on R.K's Ramayana's stories were beautiful. I like the way they were interrupted differently and I really liked the stories about princesses. I do believe the writing is a bit darker but these versions had a more pleasant ending. Also I found that writing at night is better for me because I work and go to school during the day and sometimes do not get home till 10 pm. So I find the best time for me to write is late at night. During the weeks to come I cannot wait to read about Gods and Goddesses. I think that Indian epics shows how well the writings depict certain topics through Gods and Goddesses. It provides the story with more interesting background and I quite enjoy it.

Writings

During this half of the semester I do like the writings I have posted. I like the way I take the original and twist it into my own story based off of my creativity. I do believe that I could improve my writing overall. My biggest issue is my grammar. Sometimes I may rush my writing and if I took the time to edit some more and sharpen my story than it would be a lot better. There are times I may rush through more than others and I think the extra time could help me improve. I have liked the other ways my peers have created their stories. I have seen some use diary like speech within their writings to tell their story, and I was not as into that. I feel like that is just too easy to created within a story. Usually within a writing its not very descriptive except maybe descriptive about the main character's thoughts. I think there are better ways to write that involve some more thought and calculation to make the story great. I like that I describe my characters feelings and also try to incorporate the background they are in. I do believe sometimes I don't describe the same amount of a situation in the first part of the story like I do the first. I think if I focused on a strong ending like the beginning than I could create stronger stories. In the second part of class I will focus on my editing better and use the helpful hints the professor gives as well as sharpen my skills.

Connecting
I have already stated above how I feel about some of my peers stories but I could add a few more. I saw a story one of my peers wrote and was amazed. He made me think about the different ways I could write a story for this class and the future. He spoke through to the reader breaking the 4th wall, so to speak. I felt like he really captivated the reader instantly and kept their attention. The way he spoke suggested us to think about something other than what we are writing. I think everyone deep down needs a sense of belonging and a sense that in this world we wont just amount to nothing. The idea is breathtaking. To think we are brought here for a reason and continue to be for a reason. I think instead of giving more critical criticism I wanted to praise that story. Regardless of what I just stated I think I could give better feedback to my classmates by giving more detailed feedback. I felt like sometimes I would be too vague on what feedback I gave and I could do better.

Image result for writing process blog
Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment