Sunday, February 19, 2017

Famous Last Words: Things I Have Learned

Image result for writers








During this class so far I have learned a lot about myself and what truly interests me. I have enjoyed reading both versions of the stories and how it all comes together within the story. The endings are not stereotypical endings that we are used to but that's why to me I enjoy it. I like the different writing styles and the different culture that is portrayed within the stories.

During the writing assignments this week I enjoyed writing my new story titled The Last Hit. It brought to light about domestic violence and I felt like I did a good job incorporating the Mahabharata but also filling my story with a more modernized approach my readers can relate to. A lot of where I get my ideas for writing is from either my personal experiences or those around me.

Someday I would like to be a writer full time and I want my writing to always be genuine and real.
Instead of this class I am in three others and for the most part every class is going well. I am in a math class that is not my favorite but I have a friend in that class that makes it a little bit better. For the most part my favorite class is this one. I used to write a lot growing up. Writing was my outlet for my emotions when I did not feel like I could truly talk to anyone. After awhile I stopped and I could not figure out how to get back to it. This class helped me see that maybe someday I would like to write a novel and be a published writer.

During this next week I hope to get a lot done for school and somehow manage to spend some quality time with my loved ones. I have had trouble organizing time for fun and for school. Sometimes I get so focused on school and work that I forget to enjoy life more. One thing that college has taught me is that life is too short to not enjoy yourself some.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,
    I love how this class has brought out a personal perspective of yours with the desire to write even more. I like how you claim that you want to write genuinely, and that means so much when attacking the assignments in this class! These stories are definitely different from the typical stories we are used to, and it amazing to see all of the different directions writing can go. I hope you are having a wonderful semester, and wish you luck during the last 4 weeks of this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very similar to you in high school. I thoroughly enjoyed writing back than, but I fell off of it. It wasn't this class that got me back into creative writing, but it was college as a whole. Specifically, it was English comp 1 with Professor Kyle Baker who inspired me to write again. It is cool to see someone else who has a similar story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, I also feel like I learned what type of stories that I enjoyed reading in this class as well! I liked having the freedom of choosing what we found interesting and being able to build on that. That is awesome that you want to be a full time writer! I do also agree that life is so short so you better enjoy it! Good luck on finals!

    ReplyDelete