Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Reading Notes: Narayan's Mahabharata, Part B

During this week's reading I read the rest of part B and began reading into part C of the Mahabharata. As I was reading I formulated some topics I could bring up in my unique twist of the story. The part that stood out to me was during the game of dice. Shakuni tells Duryodhana that they can get revenge on the Pandavas in this game. Shakuni has been known for being a very great player of dice and he believes he can beat Yudhishthira and take from him. Yudhishthira loses everything he owns even Draupadi. Then Duryodhana goes to his brother and ask him if he could fetch her for him. He wants to drag her out in public and strip off her clothes, but calls out to Krishna for help and when her clothes are yanked off, new ones appear. Through this story I will create a modernized story about it. Possibly ways I could create my story is by changing my characters in certain ways. I could allow the scene to be about a super hero and his side kick trying to save a damsel in distress. One super hero  could represent Shakuni and the villain can represent the Pandavas. The super hero could be called Sun Strike and the villain Die Grosse Boom, which in german would be the Big Boom. My story could open with explaining how the characters came to be who they are and what led to their rivalry. The girl in the story will be the protagonist sister and he is trying to save her from the villain. My story will be different because instead of being a princess my characters are related.




Bildergebnis für superman saving kara el
Superman and Supergirl

References:
R.K Narayan's Mahabharata, Link to Reading Online








No comments:

Post a Comment