Sunday, January 22, 2017

Growth Mindset

Reading through different aspects of Growth Mindset was intriguing. I feel as if personally I fall short with having the growth mindset. I enjoyed hearing Carol Dweck point of view about the 'Growth Mindset'. I like that she says to look at life and failures as NOT YET. Instead of looking at a situation like you are done because you didn't reach your goal try and keep in mine a failure today can be an accomplishment tomorrow. The point of the 'Growth Mindset' is to not give up. I have only been at OU for about a week so far but I know I will be successful if I never stop trying. I was speaking to my husband the other day about my last school, which was Texas A&M. When I first started going there I had a social life, good grades, and a focus that many others failed to have and then situations happen to where I went out less. My grades started to suffer and I became unhappy. I realize now after looking through different aspect of the 'Growth Mindset' that my mindset in fact changed. What happened was I stopped enjoying my situation, I stopped enjoying school, and for a period my friends. My mindset changed and with that everything else did too. The best thing we can do is keep our focus, follow our dreams, and make an imprint in this small world.


Image Information

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this quote and it is so true! It is one thing to dream about things you want to have or achieve. But it is completely different to start acting in a way that will get you there. Self motivation is so tough, yet so rewarding. I hope you have achieved everything you wanted to here at OU!! :)

    ReplyDelete