Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Options

Ramayna's Choice:
During this assignment we were told to choose a version of the Ramayana. I decided to choose Narayan's Ramayana. Some reasons I chose this version was because of the writing within the book. I decided to look at the writing styles of each version and was pleasantly surprised by Narayan's Ramayana. I like how each sentence flows well together and how easy it is to understand. Another reason I decided to read this version is because of the authors' history. As I was reading some on Narayan I was amazed about how much he accomplished through his life. He was this marvelous novelist and short story writer. He is compared to William Faulkner as one of the best writers of all time. Narayan has also won many awards for his writing and has left many speechless through his elegant writing that will stand throughout time.

Other Interests:
One major aspect of this class I am looking forward to is mythology. I have always had an interest in mythology and the different types of theories that have come to be within it. I remember as a child watching Hercules and how powerful I felt because I somehow thought I could be that big and strong someday. I have never read any India mythology before and cant wait to see how the stories unfold. Honestly I do not know much about Indian culture and I have never been to India and that's why I feel I will get a lot more than just better reading for better writing.


Hercules

No comments:

Post a Comment