Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Narayan's Ramayana,Part A

I am reading through chapter 2 called, "The Wedding." Within minutes of ready the chapter I was amazed at how well the scenery is described. I would like to start my story off by describing a beautiful scene in front of me but maybe twist my story to be in front of massive mountains. I would tell the story in a woman's perspective and display her thoughts. As if we were listening to her speak about her wedding day and what she sees in front of her. There will be snow capped mountains in distance and big frozen leafless trees. The air will be blowing but just a slight breeze and everything is still. Then as a move into a different setting the readers can hear my characters thoughts and how she does not want to marry the man that she will see at the end of the aisle. She will describe how she longs for the man much like the story and he will long for her too. Except instead of Rama seeing Sita and instantly falling in love I will make my characters best friend. My character will have parents that do not agree with them marrying and will try and make the two at odds with each other. Continuing with my story and how Sita father used the bow as a way to find the right match my characters will have a similar fate. Instead I could allow my main male character to fight the groom and win the lady's heart.

Ähnliches Foto
Image Information


Narayan's Ramayana, "The Ramayana Shortened Modern Prose Version of the India Epic"

No comments:

Post a Comment