Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 2 Storytelling: The Bride and Her Prince


 She stepped out onto her hotel balcony and looked into the distance. She could see snow capped mountains and frozen trees that stood planted along the streets winding up to the mountains. Amelia was overwhelmed by the stillness of the she felt in her heart. The wind moved wistfully  across her rosy red cheeks as they were beginning to get stiff from the rigid air.  Her wedding day was tomorrow and she could believe it came so fast. His name is Edward. Edward is this wealthy businessman who is humble and kind. He won her parents hearts instantly and hers soon after. They met through a mutual friend after her heart was broken. She remembers the day like it was yesterday. She was rolled up in a bowl on her king size bed and tears rolled continues down her cheek. If not him then who?. Her relationship to him was passionate. They fought practically all the time and loved just as fiercely. The night they met was magic for him and it didn't take her long to take a liking to him. He was tall with dirty blonde hair and sweet brown eyes. Women stopped to stare and men wished they could be him. He was a catch. The moment he first saw her he knew that he was done with searching. His life finally began. Amelia instantly felt like he was a snob. She thought his good looks would make him uptight and mean. He seemed pompous and that's what her judgment was going to be. He soon proved her wrong of course and fell deeply for him. It wasn't his persistence on wanting to get to know her or the way he would stare at her when he was on the other side of the room. She believes to this day it was the way he stood tall through everything he has been through. She admired him. Edward was unlike that. He grew up with wealth and is still considerably wealthy so hard work was never taught. He can captivate a room with his grace and looks but when it came down to experience real life issues he fell short. Somehow she wished he would be able to understand and relate to her.

Bildergebnis für lovers quarrel the notebook
The day came and went with a quick blink of an eye. Today is the wedding day and Amelia was putting on her dress for the first time with her made of honor Alice attending to her. She zipped up her dress and fluffed it out while Amelia was trying to stay tightly put. Her heart was pounding and her eyes were watering. "Could is be my everything? Maybe there has to be more." She kept repeating to herself. Then the time came with the church bells ringing and she walked with her white satin ball gown. Amelia's hair was curled and clipped halfway up with a flower clip. This was the big moment. She walked down the
multicolored stone floor toward the churches alter.  There he was with his solid baby blue eyes and dark brown hair. She felt like a model walking in her gown and looked into the many faces that arrived to see the big day. They sat in white chairs on both sides with lights streaming above them. She walked steadily toward him and then came to a stop. She let go of her father's arm and  stood in front of her soon to be husband. She smiled at him under her veil and a smirk appeared on his face.
Suddenly the door of the churches flew open. A lanky man with sweet brown eyes and dirty blonde hair came running in. He screamed, " I OBJECT." The crowd turned and stared blankly not knowing what to make of the scene. Amelia broke down. She cried out, " Allen is that you really you?" This was the man that made her heart skip a beat. The man that crushed her heart when they ended. The man she lay awake at night wondering if it is a dream or reality. She kissed him passionately in the middle of the aisle. She knew now he was it. The fighting they did and the craziness that comes with being together is all worth. Waking up next to him will always be worth it.

Bildergebnis für wedding pictures

Author's Note:
I rewrote the wedding scene within the book, Narayan's Ramayana. The two lovers were destined to be together in this story. Rama just needed to prove he is worthy of Sita the princess.  He had to use a bow to show that he is worthy and even though when their eyes met they knew it was love he had to jump through some obstacles. Instead I made my characters normal people but instead the obstacle was that he had to stop the wedding showing he is the man that deserves her heart. I used the pictures that I did because when I think of a couple on television that fought a lot it was the notebook. I chose the wedding photo because I somehow found one of a couple in the mountains.

The Notebook
Wedding Photo

6 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,

    Wow, you really took a great twist on the story! You were able to completely revolutionize the story in terms of characters and setting but still keep the same background story. I really liked that! I did a "Story Planning" post for this past week, and seeing how you were able to construct something completely brand new has given me a different outlook on how to approach this assignment! The images went really well with your story, and it all really flowed together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,
    That was an incredible story! I am still struggling because I am such a math person. My creativity is very limited in a sense of writing and story telling, so reading your work is awesome! I love the way you changed the story to be more relatable; this situation is (I imagine) one that is faced by many couples! Your version of the story flows together and sounds nice. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, that was such a good story and twist on the original that I was almost surprised when I read the author's note about what scene you used to influence your story! I like the modern twist! That's what I did for both of my week 2 and week 3 stories. I think it really makes it more relatable. The stories from Ramayana are sometimes too far fetched for me to truly grasp it.
    P.S. I love the Notebook so I enjoyed the image you added! It helped me really imagine the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I really liked about this story is the detail that you added in. For example, when you were describing the scenery in the beginning of the story I could really see it myself. I also could picture the couple in my head. I enjoyed the story in the aspect that I can understand where Amelia is coming from. It is always important for people to feel understood. When someone comes from a different background than us, that can be a little hard to do. Maybe for the ending of the story it would be more intense if Amelia would have already said “I do” and then Allen came through the doors. Then it would just make things more complicated. Would she be married to the man she was standing with because she already said I do? Would it count if he has not put the ring on her? Would she get a divorce if she was married? Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell! Wow what a story!! I love that you were able to capture imagery so well! The details in this story are incredible, but not overwhelming! That is a talent! You rock it! I liked this story and definitely found the similarities between it and The Notebook.

    I was high anxiety when I thought, despite her feelings, she was going to marry the wrong man!
    I felt relief when the right guy came busting in the doors! You GO Allen! How gutsy to kiss someone in front of your husband to be!

    I understand the story, I wondered how it was related to the epics for a while. I couldn't quite figure out which story you were relating it to until the authors note.

    The story is incredibly detailed! What if some of those details in the beginning help point to some parallels from the epic you were thinking of?

    Great story though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna,

    I think your story is pretty cool and i enjoyed how you changed it completely. It reminds me of a movie and a love story. You have really strong writing skills and that is portrayed in this story. One thing that I would suggest, is to incorporate a dialogue style in the story, to give it a touch of power that can be felt from your characters. Other than that - well done!

    ReplyDelete