Sunday, January 22, 2017

Time Strategies

During this assignment we were told to blog about time management and through this assignment will help us decide how we will spent this semester getting our work done. I read,"11 Ways Successful People Mismanage Their Time", by Aine Cain. I think this article was simple and well written and a lot of good pointers that many readers can take something away from. Two reasons that stood out to me about how people mismanage time were procrastination, and getting easily distracted. If you were in a room with college students and asked, "Who in here while doing something for school put off the homework for any particular reason," almost all of them I feel would raise their hand. Its hard as a college student when you're trying to figure out who you are away from your parents and how to make a mark on the world. Great ways to combat this is to schedule out your day. I know what works for me does not work for others but scheduling helps me stay on task. During the day I have school and then after I work so the majority of the time I stay up later to finish homework. At night is the only time I truly have to sit down and focus. For me that is a perfect time to start because I don't have to worry about being late to work or focusing on what is happening in class at the present time. Another writer by the name of Caroline Webb wrote an article called, "How to Beat Procrastination", has said that some procrastination is ok and normal but to find a way to get your mind focused. Another thing I like to do is to visualize what needs to be done and how great it will feel to accomplish everything that is set before me.

Image result for procrastination
Image Information

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna,
    I had already commented on your intro so I picked this post to share! I agree with you, I plan out all my weeks so that I have designated time for certain things. Of course it doesn't always work out as planned, but I think having goals and time frames definitely helps to keep me on track. Procrastination is definitely an epidemic in the college population! Great post and ideas!

    ReplyDelete