Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Reading Notes: The Miracle Messenger of Love, Part A

During yesterday's reading I sat down and looked over Chaitanya Mahaprabhu "The Miracle Messenger of Love." After also looking at background information of the comic book story I decided to do a story that revolves around its teachings. Krishna makes a point within the story to forsake other dogmas and to take refuge in him. The story is all about taking refuge in their beliefs not let anyone get in the way. If everyone were to follow him than they are His and no questions are asked beyond that. I could go along with my theme for this semester on loyalty and how to stay true to something you believe in. Possible story ideas could be writing about a time someone had to stand up against people who believed they were wrong. I could allow my character go through some turmoil, like those who were in World War Two. Those that were taken captive were Jewish and had to be on the run for their survival and in order to stay with their faith. Those that back downed and decided to join the Nazi side were alive for maybe a little while longer but at what cost? Many during the war stood up for their beliefs and what they felt was wrong with Germany and that was Hitler. I could do a story based on those events and show that Indian religions do honestly teach so much about the world and have morals that could be used not just for those who follow Krishna but want to leave a better life. I could center my story in the World War Two era and allow my character go through some tough challenges but because they decided to stick with what they believe in they triumph in the end. Id like my readers to get something out of my story and I want that something to be positive.

Bildergebnis für world war 2 the white rose
The White Rose



References:
Chaitanya Mahaprabhu: The Miracle Messenger of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment