Monday, April 3, 2017

Reading Notes: Part A, The Boy Who Saw God

I would like to somehow combine two different stories I have read and one is called "The Boy Who Saw God." The story is about Chokha a boy who experiences God at an early age. He was not able to go to any Temples because he was known as an untouchable in his society. Even though this was his sad truth he never stopped singing praises and his body and heart became a temple. I want to incorporate this like my other stories into a more modernized theme and twist. I could possibly write a story about an athlete who is training for the Olympics and growing up in a background that is not supportive of the dream. It can be similar to the original in a way because in the original he devotes himself to God and never lets anyone allow his faith to be ceased. My character could triumph through different obstacles as well by what he/she faces training for the big event. Also in my story I could add a romantic dynamic. The dynamic will allow my story to keep to the theme I have provided for this blog, which usually revolves around some type of relationship. This story could be focused on the relationship someone has to their hobby. Some people feel so connected to a particular object or desire as if it is their child or baby. Some dreams to people are not just dreams but something that could alter their life the way they know it. This in a way describes the way love is pictured in movies. My story will light the fact their is a romantic encounter to be had but instead their focus is on their current dream. Some people do not have a happy end with another person. Sometimes people's happy end is the goal they set and the goal they met.

References:
Chokha Mela, The Boy Who Saw God


Olympian

1 comment:

  1. The title of this post caught my eye right away, and reading this, I was reminded that I want to use the rest of the semester to branch out with my reading options. So far, I’ve mostly stuck to retellings based off of the Ramayana or Mahabharata, and I’d like to read more of the folk tales and non-epic hero stories, too. I also really love the way you’ve set a theme for your blog with the different relationships, and the way you keep finding new twists on that theme every week to keep things fresh.

    ReplyDelete