Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Reading Notes- Part B, Karna: Brave, Generous, Ill-Fated Prince

For my final selection for my story I decided to read a comic book story "Karna: Brave, Generous, Ill-Fated Prince." I would like my story to be focused on just one story and maybe some ideas come from the other two stories that I have already read. I like the idea of Karna because he was this child who was born as a gift, yet he was abandoned by his mother Kunti. Then he was found by another family who were poor and was brought up by them. He also was a great archer but it was taken from him because he did not possess the right "birth right." Through another slew of events and a battle he dies but in his death his mother finally opens her heart to him and basically the Pandava Family was forced to pay ritual praise to him. I would like to use a part of this in my story because he was a real and genuine character. Many people do not reach their full potential because they did not have someone there for them or the resources to be able to turn into the best they could be. When I read this story and the background I kept thinking about the many children even today that get abandoned. This story and what happened to Karna is not an ancient action. People still are selfish today, and not everyone gets to grow up in a loving parental home. I want to allow one of my characters to experience a little of what Karna did so my story can reflect more realism than idealism. I like how the theme of my stories is to touch on subjects many may be fearful to but I think the more real I am the better my writing can be.


Adoption

References:
Karna: Brave, Generous, Ill-Fated Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment