Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Reading Notes: Part B, Brain vs Brawn

The second part of my reading this week I read a tale about brains vs. brawn and the characters were all birds. My stories are not centered around animals with human characteristics but I could easily input certain parts of the story into my characters. The moral of the story with the birds is all about being wise in situations and thinking before you react. In my story I could allow my character to deal with a dilemma in which he/ she needed to think before she acts or  be wise in a situation. Since my story more than likely will be about an athlete I could allow him/ her to be involved in a situation where he may go against the morals my character believes in. They could be around people who are trying to convince them to get involved in steroids to make the process of training become a quicker process or they could be doing cocaine or something and tell my character it helps with nerves to try and pressure them into doing something they should not be. I can use that as a way for my readers to relate to my character in some way. Every person during their life will experience peer pressure in some form. Some may experience it worse than others. Some may decide to break under pressure and some people in the moment are strong enough to say no. Regardless of the situation the bottom line is that everyone experiences it eventually. I want my story to be able to grab the reader's attention and keep it. The way I feel like I can best do that is by allowing my character to be relatable in some way. My story will have the basis of the comic I read yesterday and have parts from the story I read today.


References:
Bird Stories: Jataka Tales of Brain Versus Brawn

Image result for brain vs brawn
Funny Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment