Monday, April 24, 2017

Reading Notes A part 2, Megasthenes-Ambassador, Traveller And Observer

During last week I read a comic about a princess born of fire. I was not able to put together a story last week due to time constraints. I decided for this week I will piggy back off the idea I had last week. I read a story today about a man named Megasthenes who was an ambassador, traveler, and observer. He went to India during the time of 4 BC and 5 BC, which I found out by researching some more on the background of the story. He traveled to India during a prominent time for Indian history. He documented what was happening in India. The story is what explains what he saw and what was happening. He wrote it all in a four volume book. I decided to use this as part of my last story this week because I could use this type of writing style to tell my story. I have wrote every story in a similar tone and way. I want this last story to be told in a different point of view and seen a little differently. I could still write a similar story about Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Instead of writing it in a narration I could tell the story in a new way. I could tell it in a way like someone is watching everything unfold and retelling the story of what they saw. The person can be a traveler in a different time who sees situations unfold and is telling his grandchild what he experienced. I have seen this type of storytelling done within movies. There is usually a character who is older and is retelling an experience later on in life. For example in, "Saving Private Ryan." This movie started with an older man visiting a military grave site with his family and then in another scene it is the same old man but younger and in the war. I want my story to be told in a powerful way like that.

Bildergebnis für going back into the past in movies
Back to The Future



References:
Megasthenes- Ambassador, Traveler, and Observer

No comments:

Post a Comment