Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Reading Notes A, The Fire Princess

I read in a graphic novel about Draupadi, the fire born princess. I only read the first part of the story just in case I decided I wanted to either read the second portion next week and do a two part story or if I decided I want to go a different direction I can. In the story a prophecy is said and she is born as a beautiful princess from a sacred fire. The princess loves one prince Arjuna, the Pandava prince. In strange events she finds herself wed to all 5 of the brothers. Their cousins, the Kauravas try to harm her and her husbands. There is where my story reading has stopped. I decided I could go a few different ways in retelling my story but I decided to take out the five husband deal already and write about Draupadi and Arjuna. I wanted to give my characters more complicated issues but I did not want all these lovers be one of them. A possible idea I have about writing a story would be to mix my characters with the comic book characters called Hawkgirl and Hawkman. I could crossover the two stories between her being born of fire, yet having this old destiny that Hawkgirl and Hawkman have of being together. Since she is born of sacred fire she can symbolize that rebirth and forgiveness of sins as she dies and is reborn from the fire. I can allow my characters to go through their own complications with their own villains and also somehow incorporate the Justice League, which they both make an appearance through DC comics. With the retelling of my story I can also bring to light the story I read to bring about a moral and lesson that each person should learn and know about.

Bildergebnis für hawkgirl and hawkman love
Hawkman and Hawkgirl


References:
Draupadi- The Fire Born Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment